Do you want to download Spotify to your MP3 to enjoy when offline? Yes, this post will show you how to convert/download Spotify playlist and save as mp3 files on your computer.
Streaming music and video is the mainstream today. It is convenient as long as your media device is connected to the internet. However, the internet is NOT with you all the time. So, what is the best solution when you need music without the internet connection? Yes, MP3 is the best. It likes a diamond that forever belongs to you. You can enjoy it anytime and anywhere forgetting about the internet. Especially during summer, people love to go on vacation. They go to different places they have never been to, and when traveling, they always love to listen to music especially when riding a car or a bus.
Spotify is the most popular streaming music service in the world. They offer online music to both free and premium users; the main difference is premium users get AD-FREE and high-quality music. However, Spotify has launched the Drake recently, and those paid users are really disappointed with it. They pay the monthly fee for Spotify to get rid of ADs but Spotify still pushes it to them. That is unfair, no matter what you do, you still get music with ads, even when you pay for it.
We only want music and nothing else. So, can we download Spotify to MP3 like the old way to enjoy music?
Yes, it’s possible
Let’s lean the two ways to enjoy Spotify offline.
Method one: Officially listen to Spotify music offline with Cached Files(Premium users only)
There are two subscription plans on Spotify, that is “Free” and “Premium.” The free one is always going to have ads if you don’t mind it and some limits you’ll discover. The premium, on the other hand, lets you listen to music offline with even more greater sound quality. It usually cost around $10 bucks but hey, if you got a promo which cost less than a dollar then grab it.
Step 1: Launch the Spotify app and edit the “Edit Offline Playlist.”
Step 2: Select the music you like and tap the checkbox next to it to sync with your local devices automatically. Once done, you will notice a green icon next to the playlist.
Step 3: At the bottom, tap “More” then choose the playback mode as “Offline Mode.”
- Convenient and easy to use
- Listen to the music you love without an internet connection when you are traveling or at places with no internet
- There is a limit of three devices.
- The maximum number of songs you can download for the three devices are 10,000 which means every device can download 3,333.
- You need to pre-download music before you can listen to it offline.
- You need to go online at least once, every 30 days to keep the DRM OGG file
- It will cost you $10 monthly
Method two: Best Spotify to MP3 Converter: Download Spotify Music for Free
The price of $10 a month for a regular listener on Spotify and compute that for a year? You can save $120 by downloading the songs at Spotify permanently if you have a Spotify to MP3 recorder/converter.
Cinch Audio Recorder is a great software program which enables you to download the songs at Spotify in lossless quality but in MP3 format. You don’t have to subscribe each month to listen to Spotify music.
Every song you download will automatically get the tags (ID3) like title, artist, and album.
You don’t have to worry about the tags as you will just sit back and relax.
Before you get excited, download Cinch Audio Recorder on your computer. To easily convert your songs, you need to follow these steps.
How to use Cinch
- Download Spotify Songs as.mp3
- Create ringtone from Spotify music
- Edit ID3 tags manually
- Turn off sound on the computer when recording
- Get lossless sound quality
1. How to download Spotify to mp3
First, download Cinch audio recorder and install in on your computer. Pick up a platform works on your computer. The download file size is about 25MB. It might show a warning when you download Windows version(.exe) but no worry, I have scanned it, it virus free for sure.
Step1: Open Spotify on your browser or Spotify app on your computer
Step2: launch Cinch Audio Recorder. Click the “Start Recording” circle button at the top left.
Step3: Start to play your playlist on Spotify. For a single track, click the same button (the one you click to start recording) to stop the recording.
That is it. It will detect sound and start to record Spotify music. After a song is recorded, the tags are automatically saved which will appear on the recording playlist.
For recording a playlist, just do the same steps above but don’t stop the recording after one track.
You can record music first on Spotify and create a playlist if you haven’t done it yet.
Note: Be sure to adjust the automatic splitting feature for the tracks not to be saved in one audio file. This can be done at settings which you can see in the image below.
2. Create ringtone
Have you ever wanted a specific part of music as your ringtone to your smartphone? It’s possible; it helps me not to get sometimes confused if I ever received any notifications or messages, check out below.
You can record different songs as your ringtone and assign to each different category like for family, friends, and people you don’t know. When you are done downloading, save it on different devices. You don’t need the internet to listen to music anymore. Just connect your smartphone to your PC or laptop and transfer.
Ads are Opt-Out
One of the things that most people like about this software is that ads are nowhere to be seen. I’m sure a lot of people have tried endlessly to download music, but they are bombarded with endless ads in everything they do. Worst, you may be lucky to acquire some virus or malware to your computer.
When your Spotify subscription is free, ads are always present, but intelligently Cinch doesn’t record that. Even when used to download on different music streaming sites, ads aren’t included.
3. Edit ID3 tags manually
When a song is not identified correctly, you can always edit it manually. Click the edit icon from the following screenshot; you will see all available ID3 info (title, artist, album name(and cover), year and genre) in the pop-up window. Once you are done, click the Save button.
4. Muted Sound Recording
You don’t have to turn on the speakers to record music if you need to stay quiet. Even if you’re in the library or in a classroom, you can still record the music you want.
Do you have a friend or classmate that’s sometimes a nuisance? Even if they shout at your side, your recordings are safe.
5. Save as Lossless WAV
In settings, you have the option to save the song in MP3 (320 kbps) or as lossless WAV. Not only that, you can change the folder where you exactly want to save.
You have the option to change the bitrate size if you’re concern about storage, but nowadays, flash drives and other storage devices are affordable at the right amount of storage. Some may be expensive depending on brand, but I’m sure it’s not a problem you should think about.
Note: The WAV file is bigger compared to MP3, so be sure to have a bigger storage if you opt for WAV.
When it comes to tagging feature (ID3), it’s near as perfect. For the cover album, you can always add that manually to help tidy upper album of an artist. This really helps lower the workload when you manually input the information of each and every track.
This is the most enticing of all. If you want to save up money for groceries or use it for another purpose, then don’t hesitate to get it. In cases when you bought a new computer, reformat, and other valid reasons, contact the support team.
- You can burn these recorded audios to CD with no problem at all.
- You are able to play on other devices due to its common audio format
- You never need to worry about losing audio quality when you convert to MP3
- You can record online radio and other music or video streaming site
Video guide: How to Use Cinch Audio Recorder
A short video guide will suffice to help you on how to download Spotify music using Cinch Audio Recorder. Be sure to download the latest version.
Download Cinch audio recorder
16 Alternatives convert Spotify to MP3:
If the Cinch doesn’t work for you or you simply don’t like it. That is fine, we got bulk of alternatives here so that you can pick anyone you like.
- Solutery Music Recorder
Solutery Music Recorder is an easy to use software that has the most feature similar to Cinch and it is available in Windows only. The recorded songs are also in lossless quality with an option to record it as lossless WAV. You have the option to download a single track or a whole playlist that you have saved. Saving as a ringtone feature is also available, just select the part you want to cut out or save.
- Features a user-friendly software interface
- Allows single track and batch downloading
- Provides high-quality Mp3 music
- Easy access to hundreds of popular streaming music sites
- Easy installation
- Easy file transfer and sorting
- Has ID3 tag technology
- Features automatic split tracks and removes online ADs
- Random computer crash due to batch downloading
- Paid subscription
- Only support for Windows
- Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo recorder is neat streaming music recorder which can record DRM music from Spotify easily, but you need to download an extra file (sound card) and subsequent change of sound card when in use and when not using. Even its hassle recording feature, it’s still reliable when it comes to downloading music. Other than the cons mentioned, the software is great and is recommended.
- Nice user interface for beginning users
- task scheduler for scheduling music recording
- record either from computer audio, or audio input (like Microphone)
- Works for all online streaming sites
- automatically add MP3 tags info like Title, Artist, Album, Genre and Album Cover
- Easy to transfer recorded music to iTunes library
- The trial version has a time limitation
- Required install a virtual sound card before you can use it
- Not free
- Aimersoft iMusic
One of the recommended software to download music from Spotify including radio stations. Fast and able to record songs with their tags (title, album, artist, genre, and covers). Transferring across devices from Apple, Android, computer or vice versa is easy.
- A simple way to search and download music to computer
- When downloading method can’t you can record music instead
- 1 lick to transfer downloaded music to a phone or any music player
- Tidy up your iTunes and files
- DRM Removal
- Burn download music to CD directly
- Convert music to the popular formats
Cost for $59.95 for a lifetime license
A Spotify recorder for Mac users. The editing tools will get you the perfect record by omitting the adverts or unwanted part of the music. One thing that’s lacking from what another audio recorder has is automatic tagging and splitting of music.
- Neat user interface
- Easy to use, simply drat Spotify playlist to the interface for downloading
- Record anything that playing on the computer
- The output including all popular format like MP3, AAC, FLAC
- Only for Mac computer
- Cost 29.95 for the full version
- Apowersoft Audio Recorder
Apowersoft audio recorder that you can record songs from Spotify. Other tracks found to have low volume, and its ID3 tagging feature is low, but still able to do for what is intended. Still, reliable software to download songs from Spotify
- User-friendly interface
- Easy listening/playback features for quality check
- The search box, download list field and monitoring tool provisions
- Converts videos, web radio shows, and voice recordings to Mp3 and other formats
- The accurate ID3 tagging system
- Random software crash
- Slow response time on batch downloading (depending on internet speed and hardware components)
- The offline recording is not allowed
- Free Sound Recorder
You’re able to download Spotify music by recording the audio through your sound card. An easy to use audio recorder that has some quite good features like convert audio to MP3, WAV, and WMA.
- Free audio recorder
- easy to use
- High-quality output
- Comes with ADware
- No ID3 tagger
Audacity is a multi-recording track software (open source means you can recorder Spotify music for free). Usually needs plugins and soundcard which found to be an issue with compatibility with your computer or laptop’s sound card.
- Voice recording, sound editing and sound mixing in one app
- Burn option
- Compatible on multiple OS platforms
- Basic to advanced editing options
- Multiple file format support
- Easy-to-follow editing procedures
- File compression, conversion, and integration
- Minimal system requirements
- Free of charge but requires a subscription
- No direct link to social media and blog sites
- Random computer crash on huge volume of files
- No ID3 tagging feature
- Old-fashion user interface
- Replay Music
It has the ability to save audio from any web app. It’s easy to use and automatically detects the silence between tracks. The automatic tagging feature is present to make your life easier in organizing and managing your songs. The weak point is that has a low accurate to identify recorded music ID3 tag info.
- Simple and easy-to-use
- Fast download speed from any website
- High recording quality
- It is expensive
- Inaccurate ID3 tagging
- No feature to delete a previously recorded file while recording
- no native music player, improper file allocation
- Dojotech Spotify Recorder
It automatically detects played music from Spotify and records them in MP3 format. The tags need manual input and convert music to MP3 or WAV.
- Free to use
- Link to iPhone & iPod Touch Spotify Stream, iTunes
- Only works on Windows XP and Windows 7
- Old fashion user interface
- Codeplex Spotify Recorder
A Windows application which is super lightweight and automatically records music using your sound card. It’s simple and not have too many features as the rest of its competitors. If you’re still using Windows 7 or 8 OS, then it might be tricky to use.
- Free to use
- No Spotify Premium account is required
- No update for a long time
- Need to install .net framework 4.5
- No other feature except recording
- Noteburner Spotify Music Converter
Record Spotify music as plain MP3, AAC, WAV, and FLAC. No extra file needed (virtual driver) keeping the quality 100%. No problems found when burning music to CDs.
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, FLAC and WAV format
- Preserve ID3 Tags and lossless quality
- Not free(cost 39.95 for full version)
A free application where it needs to access the soundcard of your computer. It needs time to get the perfect configuration of its settings though but able to get the same quality as the original.
Only for Mac users
Not stable, corrupt files
- Abelsoft Audio Recorder
The cheapest of all audio recorder so far encountered. The software is working but effectivity when it comes to tags and songs, it doesn’t fair much.
- The simple interface just like Windows recorder
- recording schedule option
- The free version won’t let you save your music offline
- Available in windows only
- Plus version has 6 months free updates and versions
The look is somewhat similar to the YouTube MP3 recorder software. A copy pastes URL method and converts to a format of your choice.
Download both video and music
Terrible Customer Service
- Audio Hijack Pro
A useful Spotify recorder for those who need a Podcast feature and for those who use Mac. There is a lot of plugins for audio effects and editing tags. It’s possible to preview what you have recorded before burning it to a CD.
- Template chooser makes it easy to start tasks
- Can save block options as presets
- Flexible recording options
- No ability to stop recordings based on silence
Online Spotify recorders?
If you don’t want to install software on your computer and looking for recording Spotify music online, you will get a disappointing answer. There is only one online streaming recording site called Apowersoft. However, it still required to install a plugin before you can record music online. That is not so much different from installing software on the computer.
Download Spotify without Recording
There are two main Spotify downloading tools that “download” music for you.
Deezer is a Chrome extension and AlltoMp3.org is a computer application. Both of them extract music playlist from your Spotify account and search it on the internet to get the mp3 files.
- Free cost
- Auto-detection of Spotify songs and playlist
- Only works for Spotify
- Highly intuitive, even less-savvy users can manage
- Download music files from unknown resource
- Low-quality output audio
- Output music is another version of what you tried to download
- AlltoMp3.org’s install file size is large (123MB) I suspected it is doing unknown things on my computer than downloading music
- Random file errors
- Individual downloading which means more time is consumed
- Limited options and no output settings
- Seldom system crash and longer response time
- No ID tagging
Summing it up
That is there for it to get DRM Spotify music in MP3. Other optional software is mentioned for your convenience as an alternative depending on your preference.
Can you download all the songs from Spotify? I doubt it, but you can always download the songs you love and listen the most.
Enjoying the music in lossless quality in any part of the world and in whatever you do is most satisfying.
Listening to music is life.
What do you think?
Let me know if there’s software in mind that can do the same function and we will be happy to add it.